CALL US: (718) 568-8886

(Monday to Saturday 9AM-6PM)


136-20 38th Ave Suite 3F

Queens, NY 11354

Renters Insurance

Renters Insurance

Get coverage built to protect your unit.

Oneprime Insurance Brokerage offers comprehensive insurance coverage for renters in flushing queen. Our policies are designed to protect your property and belongings, as well as provide liability coverage in case of accidents or damages to other units. We work with top-rated insurance carriers to offer competitive rates and customized policies to meet your specific needs. Trust us to help you secure the right coverage to protect your investment.

Coverage &

See all the different ways Oneprime can help protect your home.

Maintaining your unit

Learn how you can protect your unit from future loss.

Want to make a Claim?

Get helpful information about filing a home claim with Oneprime.

What risks does your policy cover?

Working with an experienced insurance agent can help ensure that you have the right coverage to protect your investment and provide peace of mind.

Personal property
Loss of use
Loss accessment
Medical to others
Condo and coop Insurance

As a renter, it’s essential to protect your personal property from unforeseen damages, theft, or loss. That’s where renter’s insurance comes in. Renters insurance provides coverage for your belongings in the event of theft, fire, vandalism, and other perils. In this article, we’ll dive into renter’s insurance coverage, what it covers, and why it’s essential to have.

Renter’s insurance coverage typically consists of two main components: personal property coverage and liability coverage. Let’s explore each in more detail.

Personal Property Coverage:

Personal property coverage protects your belongings, including furniture, electronics, clothing, and other personal items. It covers your personal property against damage, theft, or loss from various covered perils. Renter’s insurance typically covers the following perils:

  • Fire and smoke damage
  • Theft
  • Vandalism
  • Water damage from a burst pipe or overflow
  • Wind and hail damage
  • Lightning strikes

It’s important to note that renter’s insurance does not cover damage caused by earthquakes or floods. If you live in an area prone to these natural disasters, you may need to purchase separate coverage to protect your belongings.

When purchasing renter’s insurance, it’s crucial to choose a policy that provides enough coverage for all of your personal property. Your policy’s coverage limits will be outlined in your policy documents. Make sure you review these carefully to ensure that you have adequate coverage.

Liability Coverage:

In addition to personal property coverage, renter’s insurance also provides liability coverage. This coverage protects you if you are held legally responsible for injuries to other people or damage to their property while they are in your rented home or apartment. For example, if a guest slips and falls in your apartment and files a lawsuit against you, your renter’s insurance liability coverage would cover your legal defense costs, as well as any damages that you are legally obligated to pay.

Liability coverage typically ranges from $100,000 to $500,000, depending on your policy. You can also purchase additional liability coverage if you need more protection.

Additional Coverage Options:

In addition to personal property and liability coverage, renter’s insurance policies also offer additional coverage options that you can add to your policy for extra protection. These options may include:

Additional living expenses: If your rental becomes uninhabitable due to a covered peril, additional living expenses coverage can help cover the cost of temporary housing and other related expenses.

Identity theft coverage: Identity theft coverage can help cover the cost of restoring your identity if you become a victim of identity theft.

Scheduled personal property coverage: If you have valuable items that exceed the coverage limits of your policy, you can purchase additional scheduled personal property coverage to protect those items.

Water backup coverage: Water backup coverage can help cover the cost of damages caused by water backup from a sewer or drain.

Why Do You Need Renter’s Insurance?

Many renters mistakenly believe that they don’t need renter’s insurance because they don’t own their home. However, renter’s insurance is essential for protecting your personal property and financial assets. Without renter’s insurance, you would have to pay out of pocket to replace your belongings if they are stolen or damaged in a covered peril.

Additionally, if someone is injured while visiting your rental, you could be held legally responsible for their injuries. Without liability coverage, you would have to pay for their medical expenses and any damages awarded in a lawsuit out of your own pocket.

In conclusion, renters insurance is an important investment for anyone renting a property. It offers financial protection and peace of mind in the event of unexpected damages or losses. Renters can customize their coverage to fit their specific needs and budget, ensuring that they are not left unprotected in the event of an unfortunate incident. As a responsible insurance brokerage, Oneprime Insurance is dedicated to helping renters in New York find the best coverage for their needs. We understand the importance of having a reliable insurance policy and strive to provide personalized service to all our clients. Contact us today to learn more about our renters insurance options and how we can help you protect your rental property and belongings.


    Compare quotes and get Renters insurance in right way

    Get an Insurance Quote
    Reliable. Personable. Fast.

    Start a fast, free auto insurance quote with Oneprime. We help you find any insurance coverages that are right for you, so you’re not paying for anything you don’t want!

    Get a insurance quote – typically in 15 minutes or less. Switch to Alico for an insurance policy from a brand you can trust.

    Facing any problem to get a quote!


    Renters Insurance Services Near Me on Long Island and NYC: 

    1.Queens 2.Brooklyn 3.Manhattan 4.Bronx 5.Staten Island 6.Nassau County 7.Suffolk County

    While it is not required by law, many condo and co-op associations require their owners to have insurance coverage.
    Loss assessment coverage is designed to protect you if the renters unit imposes a special assessment due to damage to the building or common areas that exceeds the association's insurance coverage.
    The amount of insurance you need depends on the value of your personal property and the level of liability coverage you want.
    Yes, you can add additional coverage to your policy, such as flood insurance or earthquake insurance, to provide extra protection.

    Still have you any problem for solutions?

    Call Oneprime Insurance Now!